It’s a terrible feeling to know that your pet is lost and on their own, but it’s an avoidable one. Microchipping pets is the best way to ensure their safe return in the unfortunate event that they become lost.
We know your pets are members of your family, and we want to make sure you stay together. We highly advise all pet owners to microchip their pets.
Thousands of pets go missing every year, and without any identification they may never find their way home! And even if they have a collar or a tag, that could break off too, leaving your pet with no way of getting back to you. With HomeAgain microchips, your pet is guaranteed to have your information with them permanently, greatly increasing their chances of getting back home if they are ever lost.
- No anesthetic required, the microchip injection comes preloaded in a sterile applicator and is injected under the loose skin between the shoulder blades. The process takes only a few seconds. It is only the size of a grain of rice!
- It is not a tracking device, it only contains your contact information once scanned and the number is looked up in the HomeAgain system.
- Even if your pet has a fenced in yard, or doesn’t go outside they should still be microchipped. Accidents happen!
- Yearly registration with HomeAgain isn’t required for your information to stay in the HomeAgain system. There are benefits to keeping that membership though! Check those out here: https://www.homeagain.com/membership-services.html.
- Your fee at the clinic includes the microchip and registration into the HomeAgain system.
Check out these joyful reunions thanks to HomeAgain microchips!
To learn more about how microchipping works, please contact us today.